Friday 30 January 2015

Twenty.

I turned 20 on Sunday. If I'm honest, it was a rubbish day. I did nothing. I did however, go out on Friday and my best friend came to Manchester from Leeds to see me.

I'm sad to be saying goodbye to my teenage years. I feel like turning 20 is signalling the bit of life where I actually have to grow up. I'm over halfway through my degree now (I can't believe that!) and I am starting to think about my dissertation and getting a job after graduation. Hell, today I even started googling anti-ageing creams. How ridiculous is that!

I'm sad that I'm nearing the end of uni. When I graduate, my housemates and I will all go our seperate ways back to our own corners of the country and won't see each other every day like we're used to. Once a year if we're lucky. And I'll have to move home again. Although I love my family and my little town, moving back into a house full of teenage angst, a dog that isn't toilet trained and that is at least a 45 minute bus journey into the city center is just not appealing. Not having tea when I want it, probably spending months trying to find a job are equally as unappealing. I won't get to go out and get pissed about 3 times a week (probably a good thing) then spend the next day hungover chatting rubbish with my equally hungover housemates dissecting the night before. 

I'll have to become an adult, even though I still feel about 15. I'll have to get a proper job, move out, get a car, get a cat etc. It sounds so hard and confusing and scary. I still don't know what kind of job I want after uni.

Basically, what I'm saying is, I want to be a teenager forever. I know 20 isn't old. But your early twenties are just such a stressful point in your life. Particularly if you're a graduate. 

However, I am looking forward to the belated birthday cake that I will be getting on my return to Newcastle in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment