Tuesday 30 December 2014

New Year

I'd love to sit here and say that I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to 2014 and a big hello to 2015. I'd love to wipe the slate clean, forget about this year and start afresh. But I won't. The harsh reality is, that even though it is a new year, shit still happens. As you know, 2014 has been the worst year of my life, but for all I know, 2015 could be worse. 

I'm not trying to be a pessimist here but in fact a realist. We all get excited at the prospect of a new year and a new start- which it is. But we have to remember that all of our problems that we had on the 31st December will still be there on New Year's Day- they don't just disappear. 

This year I lost my Mum, next year could be even worse and I could lose the rest of my family too. Or it could be brilliant and I could do great in uni, win the lottery and marry Harry Styles. 

All I'm saying is, don't get carried away with the idea of a New Year and trying to hurry 2014 away. Come April, you could be wishing you were back in 2014. 

Despite all of this (I know, I sound really miserable, I'm not, trust me), I really do hope that everyone has a lovely 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment