Friday 26 December 2014

Running

For 2015, I only have one New Years resolution. And it's one that I actually have to do anyway. It's to get to a decent level of fitness to successfully complete the Great North Run in September. So far, my training has been dire, not organised, not consistent and just really rubbish. Tonight I have downloaded and printed off two training schedules. The first is a Bupa 5km run. As I have zero experience in running, I thought I'd better not jump into a half marathon training schedule straight away (they're advertised for 'experienced runners'). The second is a Bupa 13.1mile training program. Altogether the training program is 20 weeks long giving me plenty time to get prepared for my run. 

I'm not sure if I've bitten off more than I can chew. No one actually believes that I can do it but I am really determined so all I need now is the motivation to get running. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment