Saturday 27 December 2014

Visiting the Capital



**Warning- Very Photo heavy post**

Last week we went to London. My Dad, Brother, Sister and Me. We went with Superbreak and stayed in the Radisson Blu right next to Warren Street underground station. The hotel was beautiful, the staff were lovely and it was handy being so close to a tube station.

We did quite a lot of things in London that we have never done before despite having visited London many times before. 

After arriving into Kings Cross on Saturday at about 1ish, we got lost and couldn't find our hotel. Eventually after finding it and checking in we had a wander around London. We decided to go and see what Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park was all about. We did queue for quite a while but that was to be expected on the last Saturday before Christmas in the capital city. I was worried that Winter Wonderland would be like one of those fair grounds that are overly expensive and are boring if you're just wandering around and not on rides. It wasn't. There was loads of food stalls and German Market-style stalls to look at. There was also a great band playing there called 'Disco Flares'- check them out if you get a chance. We had Bratwurst and Churros and were well and truly stuffed by the end of the night. 







On Sunday we went up the Shard. This was probably the best thing I've ever done. Eventhough the Shard is booked up until February, my sister managed to get tickets via O2 priorities. We got Champagne while we were up there and saw some fantastic views of London. We took loads of selfies up there and I spent ages trying to get a good photo through the glass with my DSLR. I'd recommend a visit up the Shard to anyone visiting London. It's something I'd definitely do again.






We did a lot of shopping in London having a gawp in the posh shops like Harrods and Fortnum and Masons and getting my brother some Floris aftershave for Christmas. 

Before going home on Tuesday, we went to Camden- somewhere I have wanted to visit for literally ages. It was fantastic. There's loads of street food vendors there and loads of unique market stalls. Camden markets were massive. You would not believe how huge they were. And if you're an Amy Winehouse fan, there's a statue of her there. I'd definitely recommend a visit to Camden. It's a very unique, stylish place. There's definitely something for everyone there. Also as you can see in the pictures below, some of the buildings are built in a very unique way with things like shoes attached to the buildings.





It was a fantastic trip and I'm gutted to be home. London is my favourite city ever and not somewhere I visit often so I love it when I do go.

 I can't wait for my next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment